Liferay is a Digital Experience Platform aimed to:
- build strong relationships and handle complex scenarios via customer or partner portals;
- unify new and existing systems into one robust platform;
- create personalized web experiences for customers' attraction and retention;
- equip the team with modern tools to accelerate time-to-market.
In this blog post we will unveil how to deploy and run Liferay portal using pre-configured package at Australian cloud hosting provider Cloudlets. The installation is fast and automated, as well as performed inside isolated containers with Tomcat application server and master-master MySQL databases.
Master-master MySQL database replication topology provides additional benefits, such as quick response to the requests and high availability with DNS round-robin load balancing for even workload distribution among all of the database nodes.
So let’s check how to get Liferay platform up and running in the scalable cloud in Australia.
Liferay DXP Automatic Installation
1. Firstly, you need to register (or sign in in case you already have an account) at Cloudlets dashboard , then find the Liferay package in the Marketplace and click Install.
2. Then you can change the Environment Name and Display Name, after click Install.
In a several minutes your Liferay app will be installed.
Now you have ready-to-use Liferay application with the following topology:
Liferay Portal Setup
1. Now let's set up your Liferay application in the cloud. Open the Liferay admin panel by pressing Open in Browser button.
2. You can change the Portal Name, Default Language and Administrator User details (or if required it can be done later in the Account Settings section).
Click on Finish Configuration.
3. After that you'll need to restart the Portal.
So go back to the Cloudlets dashboard and press the Restart Nodes button.
4. Lastly, refresh the Liferay portal web page and you’ll see a Welcome page.
5. Click Sing In and then update an Administrator User account to start using your Liferay platform.
6. Please specify the email address provided for Administrator User and the default password “test” that should be changed after initial access during the first login.
You have your own auto scalable Liferay Platform with database failover capabilities and high performance. Register free to try this smooth and easy installation at cloudlets.com.au.