Slack, Microsoft Teams, HipChat - what does your team use for messaging at work? Are you absolutely satisfied with the speed, security, ease of use, or would like to try alternatives?
Today I'd like to talk about Mattermost messaging platform for DevOps, that ensures secure, self-hosted, and scalable messaging for you and your team.
Among the main features are:
- Organized conversations in teams and channels
- Fully searchable message history 1-on-1 and group messaging
- Voice, video, and screen sharing
- File, image, and link sharing
- Emoji and rich Markdown formatting
- Multi-language support
- Custom desktop, email, and mobile notifications
- Do not disturb mode
- Favorite channels
- Keyword mention alerts
And it is open source, so you can deploy it and customize, as well as enjoy gaining full control over your data.
- Sign in or register (14 days free trial without credit card is available) at https://app.cloudlets.com.au/ (following this link registration is possible only for customers from Australia. Customers from other countries can choose their local hosting provider at https://jelastic.cloud/).
2. Open Marketplace right from the dashboard
3. Select Mattermost in the Dev & Admin Tools sector
4. Click Install and right down the environment name
5. Wait a bit - and in a couple of seconds your Mattermost environment will be ready.
6. Click Open in Browser to create your account.
Create your first channel and invite colleagues to start using the platform.
Seems easy, isn't it?
Mattermost enables customers to use the features they like (file sharing, real-time group chat and webhooks—to name a few), access the source code and value the power to connect services, proprietary systems, and complex workflows without limiting their autonomy
Would you like to follow the abovementioned steps and try this flexible, open source messaging platform for secure team collaboration? Register at Australian cloud hosting provider Cloudlets for free and share your feedback.